Inspiring the employees to be innovators is a desire of every management. Bruce Strong, an author, and founder of Cbridge Partners says that creating a strategic conversation between employees and management is crucial. It assists in discussion and implementation of innovative ideas in business. A strategic conversation with relevant discussion ensures that the ideas are well co-developed.
As inspired by Lori Senecal at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal & Partners (KBS) among other, there are three components of successive innovation.
- Provision of strong vision and not the solution
- Empowering visionary employees
- Offering structured discussions
All round involvement
Management should ensure that all employees are aware of the firm models. Leaders ought to openly communicate the business goals and expectations. They should consider the employee’s ideas as well as inputs.
Mr. Strong highlighted some frameworks that can promote innovation.
- Organising an innovation day for employees to forward and celebrate new ideas
- Orchestrating employees new ideas challenges and contest
- Forming discussion platforms for management and employees
- Ensuring strategic reviews
- T-shaped conversation of the senior and departmental managers on sharing ideas
- Chaordic conversations involving staff and outsiders that assist in brainstorming ideas.
Establishing innovation communities
Employees with support from management meet to solve specific issues. It is showcased at Rite-Solution by CEO Jim Lavoie and at KBS+ by Senecal. Both organized a competition where employees sourced for ideas to better the firm’s operations. The management rewards the best and winning ideas.
About Lori Senecal
Lori Senecal joined Crispin Porter& Bogusky (CP+B), an advertising firm in March 2015. She serves as the chief executive officer. Also, she has been the president and CEO of MDC’s Partner Network. However, Lori is expected to exit CP+B at the end of 2017. According to crunchbase.com, the highlight of his career at CP+B was in October 2015 when she landed an advertising contract with American Airline. She is hailed for snagging the account from TM Advertising who had held it for 25 years.
On Medium, she mentioned that before joining CP&B, Senecal was the president and chief executive of KBS from 2009. Hailing from Montreal Canada, Lori has also served as the chairman of KBS since August 2014. Furthermore, she worked at McCann New York as the president before joining KBS.